Monday, September 22, 2014

Welcome!


WHAT IS GAMECODIZATION?



From Latin, -ize:


a :  become :  become like <crystallize>
b :  be productive in or of <hypothesize> :  engage in a (specified) activity <philosophize>
c :  adopt or spread the manner of activity or the teaching of<Platonize>

Then, to gamecodize (/'geɪmkəʊdaɪz/) stands for coding games while being engaged in the development process with the aim of learning how to code.

I coined the word just to set aside game coding in a company (to earn money) and game coding in school (as a means to learn coding).





WHY THIS APPROACH?

Because this is the one I used when I was 8-year-old. With my ZXSpectrum handbook and some magazines I started coding games, being 100% engaged. Some years later my coding teacher got amazed about my knowledge on the field.

At the age of 10 I developed a text processor (Word like), and at the age of 11 I created a whole platform game (Mario style).



HOW TO USE THIS STRATEGY?

I've been collecting data from my teaching and personal experience for years. With the new high profile of coding I've decided it's time to write a detailed step-by-step handbook along this school year, dealing with gamecodization.

I expect to publish all the work this summer.



WHAT'S NEXT?

The starting point I've planned embraces Basic256 and a bunch of classic games. The aim is not to fight about what programming language works best but how to make the process easy and engaging.

I'd like to attract like-minded people to form a work group.


WHY THIS BLOG?

I'll be regularly publishing pills of knowledge about what I'm doing until summer. Then I'll tidy this up and include usable things.





MAY I JOIN?

Absolutely, but it's important for you to have a certain profile, like being a teacher, knowing coding and having coded some video games. AI is optional, but it'd interesting to have some knowledge. And of course you should have enough time to join this adventure.

Each one can work on his own thread (LOL), and we can merge conclusions by the end of this school year. Working with people around the globe would be fantastic. Don't hesitate to contact me.


LINKS OF INTEREST

Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104354897577216581746

email: gamecodization@gmail.com

website: www.gamecodization.com